Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Picking up extra work

One of the things I do to bring in extra cash is make myself available for extra work. What does that mean, you ask.

It means that I spread the word at the other restuarants in our chain that I'm available to cover shifts for other managers. This is only a good thing because I'm a shift leader who is paid by the hour. The salaried guys a step above me avoid covering for other stores.

The other thing I do is the marketing thing. This entails taking a stack of flyers around to businesses and schools and dropping them with receptionists or managers or whoever will listen.

Good practice for when I start to market the side business I'm working at starting.

This extra work is only good for an hour or two a week, but hey, it's something.

No comments: